Your email system is Office365.
Before you start
You’ll need your student number and your Network password.
How to sign in to Office365
- Open the Microsoft Log in page - please bookmark https://outlook.com/uni.cumbria.ac.uk on your devices
- In the Office365 ID box, type your new email address. Enter it as email@example.com
You don’t need to use this part of your student number: /1 or /2. Just the digits before the first slash (/).
- In the Password box, type your Network password.
How to change your Office365 password
Want help on using all the Office365 functions?
Microsoft offers guides and web pages to help:
- Email guides takes you to Microsoft support on using email or Instant Messaging and creating rules.
- SkyDrive guides takes you to Microsoft help on making the best use of SkyDrive and accessing it from different platforms.
- Terms and conditions displays, in a new window, the full text of Microsoft’s terms and code of conduct. And, yes, you should read this.
Staff on campus
All staff use Microsoft Outlook. You will find it as part of the standard Microsoft products on your computer.
Before you start
HR sets up your new account when you start. You will need your username and password to set up your new Outlook account.
How to set up your emails
- Log on to your computer.
- Select the Outlook icon. This might take a while to load.
- Your personal email account appears. You can immediately start sending and receiving emails.
- Please read the Regulations and email etiquette.
Staff off campus
You can access your emails when you are working remotely through Microsoft’s Outlook Web Application.
How to access your emails
- On the University of Cumbria website, select Staff on the Home page.
- Select the Webmail box or type the address into your web browser: owa.cumbria.ac.uk/owa
- Complete the Office Outlook Web Access box. The table below describes each option:
|This is a public or shared computer
||Leave this button selected if other people can use this computer. If you stop using the computer for a short time, it will log you out to protect your security. |
|This is a private computer
||Select this button if you are using a personal computer that other people do not use. Later on you can set Webmail to always remember your username. However, you will always have to enter your password. |
|Use Web Outlook Light
||Select this button if you know that you have a slow internet connection speed. If you are not using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) browser, this button might be already ticked and greyed out, so that you cannot change it. Some functions won’t be available, such as setting up rules. |
|I want to change my password after logging on
||Do not tick this button. To change your password, refer to usernames and passwords. |
||Enter the username that you use to log on to your computer on campus. |
||Enter the password that you use to log on to your computer on campus. |
Select Log On.
- Your emails appear.