Masterclass UCAS points reduction is subject to the following terms and conditions. These conditions are subject to periodic change, for the most up to date terms and conditions please get in touch: email@example.com
From the week commencing 8th June 2020, we will be delivering a small selection of our Masterclasses online. The platform being used is Clickmeeting. More information about this platform can be found at www.clickmeeting.com. Full attendance and participation in these masterclasses will still result in a reduced offer being made on future applications to related courses for eligible participants (please see the table below for clarity on which courses are eligible and details about the points reduction). The Terms and Conditions outlined below are still applicable to all sessions delivered in this manner.
In the first instance, all Masterclasses planned for delivery in academic year 2020/1 are planned to be delivered virtually, avoiding any in-person contact. This will be reviewed in December 2020, in line with the government guidance and the University's policies, to see if we are able to offer in-person events later in the year.
Terms and conditions
- Due to limitations with online delivery, for Virtual Masterclasses attended in the 2019/0 academic year the reduction in points will only be applicable to applications made for related courses for September 2021 starts. Any attendees who make an application for subsequent years will not receive the reduced offer for related courses. Any application for September 2020 start cannot be retrospectively amended.
- For virtual Masterclasses delivered in the year 2020/1, all registrants must give details of their year of intended study. The reduction will only be available on applications to begin in September of the stated year.
- The reduced UCAS points offer can only be applied to University of Cumbria courses linked to the masterclass attended. Please see the table below for clarification.
- The UCAS points reduction will only be applied if the masterclass is attended prior to submitting an application for the degree programme through UCAS. Points cannot be redeemed retrospectively if you have already applied for one of the eligible courses at the University.
- UCAS points will automatically be deducted from the top of the range upon application.
For example: University of Cumbria entry requirements for BSc Hons Applied Psychology are 104-120 UCAS points. The standard offer would be at the top of the range, 120 UCAS points. Following attendance at a relevant masterclass, an applicant would be made a reduced conditional offer of 104 UCAS points.
- The standard reduction is 16 UCAS points. A specified number of masterclasses delivered in the year 2019/0 (shown in the table below) were eligible for an optional 24 UCAS point deduction. To receive the additional points, the applicant must have completed a reflective piece equivalent to approximately 1000 words after the masterclass and submit it to an academic for marking. Further details of this will be provided at the masterclass. This is not applicable to 2020/1 Masterclasses, whether virtual or in person.
- To receive the reduction in points, it is imperative that the applicant accurately completes all personal details requested at the end of the masterclass, or on registration for the even if being delivered virtually. If incorrect details are provided, the University of Cumbria will not make efforts to contact the attendee for corrected data, and the applicant may be ineligible to receive the reduced offer.
- The UCAS points reduction cannot be redeemed at a different institution or against courses that are not listed in the terms and conditions.
- Only one UCAS points deduction offer can be redeemed per course upon application - attending multiple masterclasses for the same degree programme will not result in the accumulation of points. If multiple events are attended the University will deduct the relevant points from any relevant course applied for. This UCAS points reduction cannot be applied in conjunction with the Summer University offer for the same degree programme. If an applicant attends the Y12/13 Summer University in addition to a masterclass, the applicant would receive an offer based on the greatest reduction in points for the applicant.
- Applicants can only have reductions attached to their profile for a maximum of 2 Masterclass subject groupings
For example: A student attends an "In Cold Blood?" Masterclass (Psychology and Criminology suites) in September 2020, then attends a "Observational Sketching" Masterclass (Fine Art and Illustration) in November 2020. They will be eligible to receive the reduced points for either set of courses.
Scenario 1: If they go on to attend a "Group Leading" Masterclass (Working with Children and Families) in January 2021, this will over-ride the first one attended and they will no longer be eligible to receive a reduced offer for applications to Psychology and Criminology courses.
Scenario 2: Alternatively, if they attended "The Psychology of Gender and Sexuality" Masterclass (Psychology suite) in January 2021, this would NOT override the first event, as the subject groups overlap.
- For events in 2020/1 and onwards, UCAS points reductions can only be applied to applications made in the year specified on registration for the event. If a registrant selects an option further than 2 years in the future (2023 or onwards), the reduction cannot be applied.
- For applicants not domiciled in the UK, attendance at a Masterclass will be used as contextual information and considered as part of an application.