As an alumnus of the University of Cumbria you benefit from a range of discounts and services to help support you.
- 20% postgraduate discount - For graduates who completed relevant undergraduate courses within the last 5 years. Click link for full criteria.
- Continue to use the Library - Access to alumni is during staffed hours only (please click link and refer to your chosen library for their opening hours). Alternatively, if alumni choose to become library members, a card will be issued allowing swipe access during unstaffed hours. (Update September 2020: At this time, public access to library buildings is suspended and alumni will not be able to borrow books. We are continuously reviewing our access options, so please check back on this page for updates.)
- E-resources - The Library curates an open access web page to help guide alumni and independent researchers toward trusted, high quality, peer-reviewed scholarly content that is freely available online.
- Refworks - Alumni can continue to access the Library's referencing management system, Refworks. For more information, including details about how to set your alumni Refworks account, please see the 'Refworks for Alumni' expandable section on this web page.
Developing your career
- Careers and Employability – Up to 3 years support after graduation.
- Career Elevator Pathways – a series of mini online courses to support you wherever you are in your career journey.
- My Career Enriched (MCE) - Graduates are entitled to 3-year access to appointments, events, feedback and pathways here.
- Job Search – All graduates have lifelong access to our jobs board on MCE, sign up for weekly job alerts too.
- My.Cumbria resources – We have a dedicated graduate page on My Cumbria, that you can access anytime.
- Graduate Success Guide - Our success guide contains everything you need to know to survive after graduation!
- Enterprise – advice on entrepreneurship and starting or developing your own business.
- Placements and internships – gain valuable experience in a local business.
- CPD - Continue your professional development with one of your course modules.
- Networking events – Keep your details up to date to hear of our events.
- CumbriaNetwork our online platform for our IFLAS alumni.
- Certificates and transcripts – Need proof of your qualifications?
- Aluminate - keep up to date with the university and fellow alumni in our newsletter.
- Contact service – want to get back in touch with your friends? We can help, drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reunions – Thinking of organising your reunion? We offer a wide range of support.
- Archives – We hold prospectuses, photos and other memorabilia going back to the legacy institutions of our campuses. We welcome visits to view the archives.
- Claim your FREE 'class of' pin badge. For any graduate 2009 onwards we have a pin badge for you. Whether you didn't attend graduation, or lost it since, drop us an email email@example.com with your postal adress and year of graduation to claim.
- Sports discounts – alumni get a discount on sports memberships in Carlisle and Lancaster.
- Conference and events discount - alumni get 10% off when booking your meeting, event or conference on campus.
- Keep your details up to date for news of further campus benefits.
- Become a Friend of the Stanwix Theatre and save money on ticket prices for student productions.
For an annual discounted membership fee of only £5.00 you will be entitled to receive the following benefits:
- Advance copy of e-brochure
- Priority booking
- Quarterly newsletter
- 50% reduction on the full ticket price for all student productions
To become a Friend of the Stanwix Theatre please email: firstname.lastname@example.org