This module will enable you to develop self-awareness of the knowledge and skills required to perform a new patient screening and NHS health check in the general practice setting. The module supports work-based learning that is practice focussed.
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the legal, ethical and professional issues associated with undertaking a health screening or NHS health check
- Demonstrate an awareness of the impact of effective communication within your consultation.
- Discuss how guidelines, policies and protocols have been used to guide your own practice in performing these health checks.
- Discuss support services (both within the practice and externally) that are available to enable people to effect a change.
- Competently perform a new patient health screening or NHS health check.
The module is stand-alone but could facilitate progression to further study.