The following guidance may assist with the embedding of equality and diversity into the life of the University.
- The Equality Challenge Unit - Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) works to further and support equality and diversity for staff and students in higher education institutions across all four nations of the UK and in colleges in Scotland. ECU provide a central resource of advice and guidance for the sector.
- Trans staff and students in HE and colleges: improving experiences - The support of managers and colleagues, staff and fellow students helps to ensure a positive experience for trans people who decide to share their trans history,
identity or decision to transition.
- Equality and Human Rights Commission - Gives advice and guidance on EDI issues for a range of audiences. Also provides further information on legal casework, the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act.
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Resources:
- Diversity Factsheets, Podcasts, Guidance and Reports from the Professional Body for HR and People Development
- ACAS - Provides free and impartial information and advice on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.
Government Equalities Office – the government Equalities Office leads work on policy relating to women, sexual orientation and transgender equality.
Stonewall – A leading LGBT+ organisation that was founded in 1989. Stonewall priorities are empowering individuals, transforming institutions, changing hearts and minds and changing and protecting laws.
OutREACH Cumbria – county wide service provider for Lesbian, Gay, bisexual and Trans* support, offering a range of different services and opportunities.
Out in the Bay – provide support to Lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans gender in the Lancaster area, as well as raising awareness for LGBT issues and campaigns. The organisation also work with people struggling with Drug and Alcohol Abuse and provide information and support regarding Sexual Health.
AWAZ Cumbria – established as the first ever county wide BME organisation in Cumbria, working for community development since 2005 by providing support for community groups and empowering the voice of BME people and communities.
Carlisle One World Centre (COWC) – a local charity raising awareness of the interconnectedness of local and global issues.
For information on Hate Crime and online reporting, please visit True-vision as an alternative to reporting directly to the Police.
Black History Month – celebrates great black British achievers, including news, education and a diversity dashboard