About the open day
Our Open Day will provide you with a really good opportunity to see what our university has to offer - meeting tutors, walking around the inspiring campus, visiting our student accommodation, enjoying the practical activities we have prepared for you, and taking a stroll into Ambleside to explore what's on offer locally.
We know choosing to come to university is a big decision and one that represents a significant investment for you, in time as well as financially. So, whilst you are on campus please do take the opportunity to talk to our passionate staff and student ambassadors: they will be delighted to give you their perspective on life as a student at the University of Cumbria in Ambleside.
Complimentary refreshments will also be provided for you and your guests on the day.
We hope you have a great day with us!
10 reasons to study in Ambleside
- Our campus is situated in the Lake District National Park - you can drive to Lake Windermere in five minutes!
- Our beautiful campus is compact, friendly and provides easy access to the great outdoors.
- We have invested over £13 million recently on our estate, including our new deluxe on-campus student accommodation.
- Our teaching staff have a great deal of practical experience and are actively involved in ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ research.*
- Many of our wide-ranging programmes offer placement opportunities and fascinating international field trips including The Gambia, USA, Spain, Iceland, Nepal.
- We are the largest provider of outdoor studies programmes in the UK.
- We provide excellent facilities such as an outdoor study centre, lakeside access and indoor climbing wall.
- We are proud to be partnered with the Cumbrian paramedic service to deliver our newest course in paramedic practice.
- We have produced award-winning graduates who now occupy some of the most senior positions in the forestry and woodland sector.
- 80% of our coastline is classified as being of international wildlife importance, making our conservation programmes an excellent choice.
*2014 Research Excellence Framework