* Please note, if government guidelines prevent the event from taking place, a virtual alternative offer will be available*
About the Open Day
There are many fantastic reasons to embark on one of our postgraduate courses, whether it’s to give yourself that extra advantage when applying for jobs, progress your current career or even if you just love your chosen subject and want to explore it further. If you are still undecided about your university choice, nothing will help you make your mind up more than attending an Open Day.
Our Open Day will provide you with a really good opportunity to see what our university has to offer - meeting tutors, walking around the inspiring campus, and taking a stroll into nearby Williamson’s Park or the historical city centre of Lancaster.
We know postgraduate study represents a significant investment for you, in time as well as financially. So, whilst you are on campus please do take the opportunity to talk to our passionate staff and student ambassadors: they will be delighted to give you their perspective on life as a student at the University of Cumbria in Lancaster.
Complimentary refreshments will also be provided for you and your guests on the day.
We hope you have a great day with us!
10 reasons to study in Lancaster
- Our Lancaster campus is set in beautiful parkland, yet is only a fifteen-minute walk into the town centre
- We provide excellent facilities including hospital practice wards, a simulated learning ambulance and a human performance laboratory
- Discounts of up to 20% on postgraduate taught degrees for University of Cumbria alumni
- A current multi-million pound investment plan will see the creation of purpose-built learning environments including a new teaching block offering social learning spaces, lecture theatre and teaching rooms
- Our recently refurbished sports complex offers a fitness suite, sports hall, grass and artificial pitches, and a variety of classes from yoga to zumba!
- Our teaching staff have a great deal of practical experience and are actively involved in ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ research*
- We have strong working relationships with the NHS, County Councils, private, voluntary and independent sectors allowing us to provide a wide breadth of placement opportunities
- Our Business School was recently awarded The Small Business Charter Bronze Award in recognition of its active participation in supporting start-ups and small businesses in Cumbria and North Lancashire
- We are one of the country’s leading and biggest providers of teacher education andSchool Direct partnerships
- Flexible and part-time Postgraduate study options mean you can undertake study that fits around your life
* 2014 Research Excellence Framework