Considering university? Want to know if it’s for you before you commit? How about trying it out first?
Our FREE summer university is the perfect opportunity for you to come and experience university life and studies for real in a fun-filled residential.
You’ll live on campus, attend workshops in the specific subject that you’re interested in studying, and develop skills to smoothly ease you into university life.
What’s so great about our Summer University?
- 100% free – including your meals, accommodation and travel
- Receive UCAS application support
- Find out more about the range of courses available at university - discover options for your future
- Meet new people, experience our friendly campuses and their fantastic locations
It’s a big step for parents too, but there’s no need to worry, because you will be:
- Safe on our campus, which has 24-hour security
- Overseen by a member of staff, who are also first aiders
- Staying in single-sex rooms
- Gaining life experience - We’ll also be setting you tricky tasks, such as shopping and cooking on a budget!
Our Summer University is available for the following subject areas:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Performing Arts
Due to the high number of applications that we recieve for these events we need to have criteria in place to enable us to select participants.
- be predicted to achieve the full entry requirements for the subject of interest - please check our subject webpages for further details
- have achieved 5 A*- C grades at GCSE as a minimum
Priority will then be given to those from a WP background if applications are high and at least one of the following criteria taken into account:
- The applicant lives in a household with an annual income of under £25,000
- The applicant has or does receive free school meals
- The applicant has previously been in the care of the local authority
- The applicants primary care giver is not their mother or father
- Neither of the applicants parents/carers have studied at higher education (degree) level
How to apply
You can apply for Summer University online. Please check the eligibility criteria before you apply.
A copy of the application form is also available to download. Please return all completed application forms to email@example.com or by post to: Year 10 & 11 Summer University, Matthew Aitchison, University of Cumbria, Fusehill Street, Carlisle, CA1 2HH
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 6th May and we will be in touch shortly afterward to inform you of the outcome of your application.
If you would like to discuss Summer University or have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch:
T: 01228 616333