The Active Ageing Research Group (www.cumbria.ac.uk/activeageing) in collaboration with the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences – Physical Activity for Health Division, organise a one-day symposium on 15th June at the University of Cumbria, Lancaster campus. The day will provide the opportunity to hear from keynote speakers about their research as well as how to engage with the general public. Further, PhD students, early career and more experienced researchers can present their work and idea at a dedicated session. The day will close with a Divisional meeting with an update on previous as well as future progress discussions. The day cost is £10 (£5 for BASES members) including coffee and lunch.
10am to 5pm
Abstract submissions for oral presentation are now open. We will be using the ‘3 minute thesis’ format (https://www.vitae.ac.uk/events/three-minute-thesis-competition), followed by 10 minutes of questions.
ABSTRACT FORMATTING AND SUBMISSION - Guidelines
We strongly encourage all delegates, particularly early career researchers, to be involved with the symposium by submitting their work.
- Abstracts should submitted in Word and be a maximum 300 words
- Abstracts can include tables, figures and references
- Please include (in this order):
- Title of the abstract
- Author(s) (with presenting author underlined)
- Correspondence e-mail
- Abstract Submission
- Deadline for submission is 10th June 2016. Please submit your abstract to email@example.com, subject title ‘Abstract submission’.
More information can be found in the programme