In celebration of our 10-year anniversary, we are offering rewards for recommending the University of Cumbria to your friends and family
We think the best recommendations in life come from someone you know. That's why we're offering you and your friend both £250 worth of Amazon vouchers for following you to UoC! Think of it as our way of saying thanks for spreading the word.
Why should your friends choose us?
- Small, friendly campuses in Ambleside, Carlisle, Lancaster and London
- 97% of our graduates are in work or further study after graduating *
- We are investing! The university has invested in student learning spaces across the university, bringing students modern and engaging learning spaces
- We have national award winning student support**
- We are one of England’s newest and most dynamic universities, celebrating our 10th year this year
Please note that all referrals must adhere to the terms and conditions listed below.
* DLHE 2015, results published in July 2016
** Outstanding Student Services Team - Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards 2014
*** Friends are required to mention their referrer's name when they contact our enquiry centre.
Terms and conditions
Click to expand
- ‘Referrer’ is the term used for a person who refers a friend or colleague to the University of Cumbria for a September 2017 undergraduate programme, or the April 2017 DipHE Paramedic Practice programme. Referrers must be either a current student, alumni or applicant for a September 2017 undergraduate programme start, or the April 2017 start DipHE Paramedic Practice programme.
- ‘Referral’ or ‘Referee’ is the term for the person referred. Referees must not have previously enquired to study at the University of Cumbria for a September 2017 undergraduate programme, or the April 2017 start DipHE Paramedic Practice programme.
- Referees are required to mention their referrer’s name at the point they enquire by contacting our enquiry centre on 0845 606 1144. All referrals submitted will be verified against the list of prospective students held by the university and to be eligible the submitted referral must not already be on that list.
- False Information: Any party making false or misleading statements that result in misuse or misinterpretation of the product, benefits or features provided by the university will be cause for an immediate cancellation of, or ineligibility for, the rewards offered under this agreement.
- On November 1st 2017, once the referee (and referrer for September 17 applicants, or April 17 DipHE Paramedic Practice applicants), has enrolled onto their September programme, or the April DipHE Paramedic Practice programme, successful referrers who recommend a new student will be rewarded with £250 in vouchers for Amazon and each successful referee will receive £250 Amazon voucher also.
- Any first or second year existing students who refer a new student have to progress onto their subsequent year’s study to be eligible to claim their incentive.
- All vouchers will be mailed recorded delivery in the first week of November 2017 to alumni students. All others will be handed in person at the relevant university campus.
- The university reserves the right to limit, reject, or cancel submissions made by any referrer who disregards these terms and conditions.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals that can be submitted by a referrer.
- This offer commences on the 16th January 2017 and terminates on the 31st October 2017.