We actively encourage applications from international colleagues. The University has sponsored status, which allows us to sponsor migrant workers from outside the EEA or Switzerland on Tier 2 visas.

Applicants from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

Most nationals from EEA countries or Switzerland can work in the UK without any restrictions, however please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website for further guidance.

Applicants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)

We welcome applications from around the world. If you are not a British National or a national from the EEA (European Economic Area) or Switzerland, it may be that you will need permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Full information can be found here.

All successful applicants are required to provide proof of Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. A list detailing the documents that you can provide can be found here (List A).

It may be that you will need to apply for a visa through the points based immigration system. Information on this can be found on the UKVI website. These rules change frequently, so please check the website regularly for the most up to date information.

Please note that all offers of employment made by the University of Cumbria are conditional on providing evidence of permission to work and reside in the UK. Should the University be unable to obtain a certificate of sponsorship for you, ultimately it may not be possible to employ you.

If you have any queries please contact the Recruitment Team on 01524 590883 or via HR@cumbria.ac.uk.


As an international applicant, we appreciate that you may not be able to come to our University for interview, but we may be able to offer an interview by Video Conference or Skype.

Edit Page