About Our Alliance
Our alliance is a forward-thinking, collaborative and friendly network of schools.
We consider it an absolute privilege to be involved in ITT and look forward to supporting and inspiring trainees as they join the rewarding professions in existence.
Our approach to teacher training is informed by research, enhanced by experience and powered by passion.
We utilise a range of different professional learning models to ensure that learning is expansive, not restrictive, for our students.
- Experiential Learning: Knitting together theory and practice. from week one, our Associate Teachers' time is split between taught sessions (theory) and classroom experience (practice).
- Expansive learning: Growing teachers for everyone. We seek to 'grow teachers for everyone'. This means we seek to give you the skills to teach well in any school, in any community.
- Attaining excellence: No perfect people allowed. Our definition of an exceptional teacher is somebody who always believes they can be exceptional. We celebrate success but don't accept that one serving of success is enough.
- Learning from failure: Black box thinking. We nurture our trainees and reassure them that mistakes are okay. it is how we respond to mistakes that matters.
- The beginning of the journey. We believe that ITT is the start of a career-long commitment to inquiry and study, as well as practice.