Cumbria Card photo requirements
During the online registration process you will be asked to upload a passport style photograph. This photograph will be used on your university identity card, your 'Cumbria Card'.
If you already have a Cumbria card you do not need to upload a photograph unless you’d like a more recent photograph on your card. This step is NOT mandatory but it is advisable. It could reduce your queuing time at your registration event. The facility to upload a photograph will temporarily close 3 days before registration in September.
The photograph must:
- be passport standard
- be in portrait orientation (ie, higher than it is wide).
- be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
- show your full head, without any head covering unless you wear one for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- show you on your own
- be in colour
- be taken within the last 12 months
- be clear and in sharp focus, with a clear difference between your face and a plain light background
To enable your photograph to be processed and printed onto your card, the image file should be less than 50kb in size and in JPG format. A photograph not meeting the requirements will be rejected and you will have to have your photo taken and card produced at your registration event.
University online image resizing service
Download the photo upload instructions (PDF)