WHAT IS CLEARING?
By now, you’ve probably heard the word ‘Clearing’ used a lot, but aren't sure what it actually means. Quite simply, Clearing is your opportunity to apply to university if you haven’t yet secured a place.
Find out more about Clearing on our Clearing webpage here and carry on reading for our top tips on taking control of the big day.
1. RESEARCH NOW
You can start exploring and researching a new course and university right now. Whether you think you may not have the right exam results or you are having second thoughts about the choice you have made, you can research and make a shortlist of university courses that interest you. This is the whole point of Clearing and means that come results day, you already feel equipped to go through the Clearing process should you need or want to. It also means you've got Clearing hotline numbers ready to call - our Clearing hotline number to get advice and make your application is 0808 178 7373.
2. REFRESH YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT
Now is an excellent opportunity to revisit your statement and reflect on the strengths, skills, and experiences you highlighted when you filled out your application, so you can communicate this clearly and effectively when you speak to UCAS and the universities you contact. Reading your statement again should also help you remember what your priorities were when you wrote it and establish what they are now – it may prompt you to consider different things when looking for courses in Clearing. This will also help you keep in mind your experience and strengths if you are called for an interview or need to answer any questions over the phone.
3. THINGS TO AVOID & MUST DOs
- If you can, make sure you are not away on holiday when you are due to get your results – A Level Results Day this year is Thursday 18th August, 2022.
- Involve your parents, teachers, and others to support you and provide advice.
- Go in to your school or college on exam results day to get the exact marks and UCAS points and talk with your teachers/lecture about the next steps if you do not get the results you expect or if you want to change your choice of course or university
4. DON’T WORRY, WE’VE GOT YOU
Clearing can be very stressful, but our team at the University of Cumbria is here to help.
Give our Clearing Hotline a call today on 0808 178 7373 for a free 1-2-1 discovery session with one of our experts to discuss your options.
Explore our Courses
You are ready to take that next step. Ready to make that life-changing decision and work towards your career goals. By downloading our prospectus you will have the world at your fingertips.
You can browse our 100+ unique course options and have access to finance and support information to get you started. Discover all of the courses available to you from Arts to Zoology – we’re excited to see what you choose.