Returning from Deferral: Why 2020 Is the Perfect Year to Study
If you have deferred in 2019 and are returning to study this year, or if you deferred to 2021 but had a change in circumstance and want to start your course in 2020, here is everything you need to know.
If you deferred in 2019
Your place is still secure. We can’t wait to welcome you in September.
If you have any more questions about your place and next steps, please contact admissions on the following email UoCAdmissions@cumbria.ac.uk or check the other sections on our applicant’s welcome page where you will find links to all the information you need.
If you have deferred to 2021
Changed your mind? If you have deferred to 2021 but want to start your course in 2020 then we are here to help.
Places for September 2020 are filling up quickly so please let us know as soon as possible that you would like to start this September.
While 2020 will be a different year, here at the University of Cumbria, we are ready to still make this year’s experience an outstanding one.
Are you ready for your future? Let’s make getting that degree a reality this year.
Contact admissions today to return to study in September by calling 0333 363 4932 or e-mailing UoCAdmissions@cumbria.ac.uk
Stay focused. Go far.
We’ve got you.
9 Reasons Why 2020 is the Perfect Year to Return to Study
While it’s true that the current world climate has forced many of us to change our plans, going to university doesn’t have to be one of the plans you postpone or cancel. Here is what you need to do and why 2020 is the perfect year to study and you why you don’t have put your future on hold.
- 2020 will be a different experience everywhere, no matter where you are or what you choose to do, but here at the University of Cumbria it will still be an outstanding one. While we are delivering our courses on a mixture of online learning and face-to-face lectures, we are still one of the top 10 universities in the world for the ‘Quality of [our] Education’ (The Times Higher Education Rankings).
- You will still meet and make friends with people on your course. We have dedicated social groups where you can do just that and you can start now in our ‘Offer Holder’ group where you can meet and chat with fellow applicants and lecturers.
- You will still have interactive lectures with your lecturers. Some of them might be over a virtual platform, some might be face-to-face, but your lecturers are still here to support you and they are doing their very best to make sure you get the interactive experience when they plan your virtual lectures.
- You will still have access to our library books. We invested £1 Million pounds in our library resources every year and you are able to access most of it online. And the ones you can’t access online, our libraries will post it out to you.
- You will still have 1-2-1 contact time with your lecturer. It might take place over a virtual platform, but it will still happen.
- You will be studying and improving your skills and knowledge while the world recovers. Nine out of 10 of our graduates go into employment or further study within 6 months of graduating, seven of those go into professional employment or study. That’s why we are the top university in the North West for employability.
- There are many financial incentives to study this year. Certain careers, including nursing and teaching, have generous bursaries available on top of the student and maintenance loans you could apply for.
- If you are planning to go into teaching, this year is the first year when the skills tests are no longer a requirement to start your training, so it’s even easier to qualify as a teacher.
- There is a wide range of support available from our Head Start courses to get you ready for university life, to our Student Support Services which will help you overcome skill gaps, emotional or mental barriers during your studies.
So while 2020 will be a different year, here at the University of Cumbria, we are determined that won’t stop us helping our students going further Are you ready for you5 future? Let’s make getting that degree a reality this year.
Contact our Admissions Team today.
Call: 0333 363 4932