Click here to edit using the old editor Click here to edit page settings

Student Finance for University Clearing

Student Finance for Clearing: The Ultimate Guide

If you've accepted a place at the University of Cumbria through clearing, there's still plenty of time to apply for Student Finance funding. We are here to help you access all the support you need to begin your journey with us.

Read our Student Finance for Clearing Guide to find out how to apply for Student Finance after clearing and get your questions answered..

Do you have to be well-off to get a degree?

Video skipped

First time applicants

Student Finance provides monetary assistance to students. Assistance usually includes a tuition fee loan and a maintenance allocation. If you haven't applied for Student Finance yet, don't worry, you can still access this funding. To ensure you receive the support you need, it's best to apply as soon as you get your place.

Apply for Student Finance

Already Applied?

If you have already applied for funding from Student Finance there are few things you need to do after receiving your place. Once you've finished the clearing process you need to update your student finance profile with your new details:

First, update your University/College status by inputting the University of Cumbria Code (C99) on the relevant part of your Student Finance profile. Secondly, input the course you will be studying onto your Student Finance profile.

You should try to complete these updates by the 1st September, to ensure you receive funding on time.

Visit the SFE Finance Zone, for more information.

Changing Course or University

If you have changed your course, or are transferring from another university to the University of Cumbria, you will need to amend your Student Finance application. To do this, log onto your Student Finance profile, and head to the 'My Account' menu where you can alter your study location details. Once you have completed this, you will receive an updated Student Support Notification Letter to confirm the change.

The University of Cumbria is committed to supporting you along every step of your Higher Education Journey. Our Money Advice Team is happy to provide financial advice and assistance whenever you need it. We've got you.

Frequenty Asked Questions

How do I apply for Student Finance?

When Can I Apply for Student Finance?

What am I entitled to?

Do you offer Bursaries and Scholarships?

I have children or adult dependents, is there additional financial support can I access?

I am studying an NHS course, where can I find information about the new £5000 NHS Training Grant?

I am giving up my full-time job to study, will this affect my funding entitlement?

I am in receipt of benefits, will be entitlement change when I start my course?

When will I repay my student loans?

I still have questions, who can I speak to?

I have accepted an offer on a PGCE programme and I think I’m eligible for a DfE bursary. What do I need to do to apply?

Disabled Student Allowance – Additional Funding

The Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) is an additional allowance available via your funding body to support your studies. The fund is seperate to the support you will recieve from the university Disability Service after declaring your disability. You will need to apply for the DSA yourself, however the Disability Service Team will be on hand to support you.

Students who have a disability that meeting the definition in the Equality Act are encouraged to apply for DSA. This may include students who:

  • have a long-term health condition such as cancer, HIV or chronic heart disease
  • have a learning difficulty like dyslexia, ADHD or dyspraxia
  • have a physical disability such as being partially sighted, blind or having to use crutches
  • have a mental health condition like depression or anxiety.

To be eligible, you will need to:

  • be studying a minimum of 40 credits per year.
  • be funded by the main funding bodies (SAAS/ SFE/ SFNI/SFW).
  • meet the residency criteria as outlined by your relevant funding body.
  • provide evidence of a disability or specific learning difficulty.

What support will the DSA help provide?

How do I apply for DSA?

Why should I apply for DSA?

Will I get support if I have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD)?

How much support can I expect to receive?

Explore the topic