Latest updates: 03.01.2022
In line with Department for Education guidance, all campuses will remain open and operational and we will continue to deliver our normal face-to-face teaching and provide support to our students on campus.
Testing, face coverings and vaccinations
To continue to protect our university community all staff and students:
- returning to campus on and from 4 January should undertake a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) and be able to prove a negative result before coming onto campus
- should undertake twice-weekly LFT and be able to prove a negative result on an on-going basis. Click here for how to log your test result
- should wear face coverings on campus, other than while eating or drinking in catering areas, working alone or not in close proximity to others, unless exempt (and able to demonstrate exemption)
- should comply with location/campus guidance relating to room ventilation and any other Covid measures whilst also being respectful of distancing between others
- should continue to notify the university of their “Covid status” and any changes to this
- should not come onto campus if experiencing Covid symptoms, and undertake a PCR test
We also strongly encourage everyone to take up the offer of a booster injection and/or Covid vaccination if they haven’t already. NHS England have created a series of FAQs being asked about vaccinations for higher education students which you can access here. Everyone should have picked up a box of test kits before Christmas. However, if you did not, or have run out, please either pick one up from your local pharmacy, order from the government website, or collect one from reception on your return to campus (if the latter, please take a test immediately before mixing with any other students or staff on campus). If anyone attending campus forgets or loses their face covering, spares are available at all campuses.
Keeping ourselves safe
From the start of the pandemic, our most important priority has been the safety of our staff, our students and our university community. This priority has not changed, and we will continue to take every step necessary to look after each other and keep each other safe.
Keeping you informed
All students and staff should continue to check their university email accounts, relevant Blackboard pages, these pages and our social media channels for the latest information.
Support for current students
The Student Hub includes guidance for a range of issues and situations, including support during self-isolation. Should you fall ill, please use the links there to notify the university of your Covid status and to access additional support. If you need information about any aspect of your course, placement, support services or accommodation, please log in to your student account for full access to My.Cumbria and the Student Hub. If you are unable to access those resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.