Create and develop your own performer's CV with our FREE Theatre and Performance Bootcamp at our Brampton Road Campus!
25 Oct 2021 - 29 Oct 2021Book Now
During the week you will have professional performers headshots taken and you will receive the digital copies of these to keep, you will also receive support and direction from academic staff on your monologues and audition pieces, a fully edited professional audition self-tape to use for future University and Drama school auditions. This boot camp will really help and prepare you for your future auditions whether this be in person or virtual.
Places are very limited and will be on a first come first served basis, booking is therefore essential. Students who successfully complete the full week will receive a UCAS point reduction from the standard offer on our BA (Hons) Theatre and Performance course here at the University of Cumbria.
The Bootcamp will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your voice for speech and song
- Look at both contemporary and Shakespearean monologues
- Develop Physicality and Movements of Characters
- Explore acting through song
- Create and develop your own performers CV.
Please see the Programme guide below
The UCAS points reduction is subject to the following terms and conditions. These conditions are subject to periodic change, for the most up to date terms and conditions please contact us via email@example.com
The reduction will only be available on applications to begin in September 2022.
- Applicants wishing to make applications for 2023 onwards should look to attend similar events soon, closer to their application date.
- The reduced UCAS points offer can only be applied to University of Cumbria specified courses.
- The reduced UCAS points offer can only be applied to level 4 undergraduate programmes at the University of Cumbria. This excludes any Integrated Foundation Years, Top Up programmes, CPD modules and programmes, or post-graduate study.
- The UCAS points reduction will only be applied if the bootcamp is attended prior to submitting an application for the degree programme through UCAS. Points cannot be redeemed retrospectively if you have already applied to the University.
- UCAS points will automatically be deducted from the top of the range upon application. For example, University of Cumbria entry requirements for BA Hons Theatre and Performance are 112 – 128 UCAS points. The standard offer would be at the top of the range, 128 UCAS points. Following attendance at a relevant masterclass, an applicant would be made a reduced conditional offer of 112 UCAS points.
- The standard reduction is 16 UCAS points.
- To receive the reduction in points, it is imperative that the applicant accurately completes all personal details in the booking form. If incorrect details are provided, the University of Cumbria will not make efforts to contact the attendee for corrected data, and the applicant may be ineligible to receive the reduced offer.
- To receive the reduction in points students must attend each day for the duration of each day.
- The UCAS points reduction cannot be redeemed at a different institution or against courses that are not listed.
- Only one UCAS points deduction offer can be redeemed per course upon application. Attending multiple events with this offer will not result in the accumulation of points.