These are some resources for research into active ageing, which have been used by AARG in various research projects.
If there is another resource you would like to add, please contact us.
- The Activities-specific Balance Confidence (ABC) scale
- Rapid Assessment of Physical Activity
- NHS exercises for older people
Sway Analysis Toolkit (SwAT)
The Sway Analysis Toolkit (SwAT), developed by our PhD student Neil Thomas, is a free, simple application which allows users to import and analyse postural sway data recorded with AMTI force platforms (Kistler and Bertec coming soon). The application does not require installation and the full set of instructions, along with the application can be downloaded from GitHub.
- Medical Image Perception and Expertise Group
- Foro Italico
- Age UK Lancaster
- Age Action Alliance - AARG is a member of the alliance