Doctoral study offers rare time and space for broader, meaningful engagement with the more challenging issues from your experience, both personally and in organisational life. It provides opportunity for extended conversations with the academic team in a friendly and supportive environment that will allow your deeper thinking, often not yet fully formed, to be explored and brought into a research journey.
This is a process that is sometimes deeply personal, and drawn from your real world experience in practice. Many say that this is a unique time for maturing intellectually, an opening up, and particularly valuable when undertaken with fellow doctoral students who are also engaging with deeper enquiry.
To apply for the DBA Programme you must submit an application form and 2,000 word (± 10%) pre-interview essay to Research Student Admissions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The essay is an important part of the application process for the DBA and we strongly advise you to ensure that at a minimum it covers the following points:
- Your personal and professional motivations for applying
- Your initial idea(s) for a question or specific professional issue to investigate
- How the programme aligns with your previous qualification(s), and your professional experience (including any relevant wider community engagement work)
- What benefits you think will be realised by successfully completing the programme
- Why we should offer you a place on the programme
- Your reasons for choosing the University of Cumbria DBA
Apply for the October 2021 cohort by Monday 9 August 2021.
Apply for the April 2022 cohort apply by Monday 17 January 2022.
Download a DBA Application Form
Download the DBA Programme Specification