We're offering extra financial support for students starting selected NHS courses in September 2017.

From 2017 the government will no longer provide bursaries for undergraduate Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals (AHP) programmes such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Radiography. This means that if you're starting one of the courses below in September 2017, you'll have to apply for a student loan.

How we can support you

To help with your finances the University of Cumbria will cover the costs of your uniform, DBS check*, Occupational Health check, and travel costs for placements of up to £300 each year, in addition to any government support agreed.

*Paid on successful enrolment onto course

Funding updates

There is still a range of financial help available for eligible individuals studying these courses, and updates on the healthcare education funding reforms can be found on the NHS Business Services Authority website. This includes a helpful question and answer document, covering everything from travel and accommodation expenses to child dependents allowance and the Exceptional Support Fund. 

Apply for a health course

Click the buttons below to find out more about our health courses.