- Location: Various
After graduating with a degree in Mathematics with Management Sciences Geoff pursued an executive career in the private sector. Experience included senior appointments within manufacturing, management consulting and retail organisations with a final spell of commercial and manufacturing experience in a French Group. As part of his personal development, he gained an MA in Accounting and Finance through part-time evening study.
Leaving corporate life to develop a portfolio career, Geoff subsequently has held a range of non-executive appointments in Higher Education, the National Health Service and the Charity sector.
A Board member since 2010 and Chair of the Board since 2018, Geoff has chaired the Finance & Resources Committee from 2010-12, and for the academic year 2017-18. He also chaired the Employment Policy Committee from 2014-17, the Remuneration Committee for the academic year 2017-18 and Nominations Committee from 2018-19 to 2020.
Qualifications and memberships
- Fellow of the Institute of Directors
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Recent external roles
- Board Member and Chair, Oxford Brookes University
- Board Member, Higher Education Academy
- Board Member, Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education
- Director, Diagnostic Healthcare Limited
- Director, The Staff College: Leadership in Healthcare