Qualifications and memberships
BEd, DASE, MEd
Academic and research interests
Teaching and Learning Course team, SEN specialism, four-year BA(Hons) with QTS Inclusion / Education Studies elements of four-year BA(Hons) with QTS PGCE (Primary) Foundation Degree
- Hallett, G. (2007) On-line debate: in search of a learning community, Solstice Annual Conference, Edge Hill University.
- Hallett, G. (2007) Apprenticeship or Compliance? A grounded theory analysis of perceptions surrounding school experience in ITE Paper, ECER Ghent.
- Hallett, G. (2007) An examination of the personal epistemologies of teacher educators, ECER Ghent.
- Hallett, G. (2008) Meeting Children's Learning Needs: a case study approach to the introduction of a Post Graduate Certificate module, using practitioner research, ECER Gothenburg.
- Hallett, G. (2008) ECER The purpose of School Placements: a case study of the perceptions of trainee teachers towards their experiences in mainstream and specialist schools, Gothenburg.
- Paper / Convenor ESCalate Conference on PBL. Scottish GTC, February 2009.
- Hallett, G. (2009) Teacher perceptions of Competence: does English Teacher education mirror a broader European perspective? ECER Vienna.
- Allan, D., Hallett, F. and Hallett, G. (2019) Reconsidering inclusion: Western theory and post Soviet reality, Disability Studies Quarterly, 39, 2 (Spring 2019)
- Allan, D., Hallett, F. and Hallett, G. (2019) Armenian teachers’ dichotomous perspectives on children with high-functioning autism, JORSEN
- Hallett, G. (2007) Every Voice Matters: evaluating residential provision at a special school, British Journal of Special Education.
Hallett, G. Do we practice what we preach? An examination of the personal epistemologies of teacher educators, Teaching in Higher Education, (in press).
Recent external roles
Abstract Reviewer / Parallel Sessions Chair; European Conference for Educational Research (2009) Vienna