Find out about the different ways your business can engage with University of Cumbria students.
Fairs and employability conferences:
- Events take place on all of our campuses in collaboration with academic departments and the Students Union. These include informal jobs fairs with ‘market place’ stands, conference days with Q and A sessions, presentations and workshops and evening networking events.
- Recent events include the ‘Get a Job’ Autumn Fair (part time and seasonal recruitment), Futures Festival for Creatives, Nursing Employability Conferences, Education Fairs and Conferences and Alumni Networking evenings.
- You can view and book onto events using My Career Enriched.
Presentations or workshops:
- Introduce your business or sector to groups of students.
- Meet and recruit new talent.
- Contribute to students’ understanding of the jobs market and employability skills.
Pop up/drop-in sessions: Set up your promotional stand in a high-traffic area on campus.
Interviews/selection activities: We can assist you in booking a space to interview our students for your opportunities.
Career Ahead: The Career Ahead employability award helps students make the most of their time at university, and will ensure that their graduate job applications stand out from the rest. Your business can get involved by taking part in student practice interviews.
Alumni: We are particularly keen to welcome back previous graduates/alumni of the university. Are you willing to share your career story or keen to promote your small business? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Enterprise Services: The University also has a portfolio of services designed to support the business community in Cumbria, North Lancashire and beyond. Further information is available at www.cumbria.ac.uk/enterprise or you can contact the Enterprise Service by email at email@example.com.
Pricing Structure: We offer a free service to advertise your job vacancies. We have a fee structure in place for other events. Please contact us for more details.