Career Ahead is the University of Cumbria's Employability Award. It is designed to help you recognise and develop your employability skills, providing you with a greater opportunity to get the job you want when you graduate.
Your Career Ahead journey will take you through four steps to completion (Bronze, Silver, Gold and finalisation) and will see you:
- Attending, and engaging with, employability workshops.
- Completing short online courses in Linkedin Learning.
- Compiling some additional evidence.
You can choose from the list of current employability workshops. These workshops will run either as part of your course (ask your tutor) or you can book on to specific workshops through your careers hub My Career Enriched.
Look out for the current timetable of Career Ahead Workshops in the events calendar within My Career Enriched.
- You will also need to complete a LinkedIn Learning online training course for Bronze, Silver and Gold (three in total).
- We have recommended a range of short digital capability courses which will help you to develop your IT skills, support your studies and give you additional skills for your future career.
- Each short course comes with a Certificate of Completion, which look great when added to your academic achievements in your CV.
Here’s how Career Ahead works:
Once you have completed Career Ahead you will have all the skills you need to help you start your career journey and set you on the path to achieving your career goals.
Career Ahead is flexible to fit around your studies, you can take as little or as long as you need to complete the award, providing you are a current UoC student. It is completely free and you have ongoing support from your Careers and Employability Adviser. Best of all, you get to stand out from the crowd and impress potential employers when you graduate
Contact email@example.com for further information.