Whether you're working as a community staff nurse within a district nursing team or a registered nurse interested in qualifying as a district nurse - our Community Specialist Practice (CSP) PGDip in District Nursing will see you upgrade your degree and help you achieve your career goals.
Our course is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and will enable you to build on your experience and develop the higher- level knowledge and skills required for specialist practice within district nursing.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll explore contemporary issues around district nursing and health care and spend 50% of the course putting the theory you learn into practice, improving your real world skills to practice at a higher level.
Plus, you’ll work alongside a sign-off practice teacher /mentor to achieve competency with the NMC Standards for Specialist Education and Practice.
- Accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and enables you to be registered on the NMC Nursing Register in Community District Nursing Practice
- Choose to study part-time (80 weeks) or full-time (40 weeks), giving you flexibility to fit your studies around your busy lifestyle
- Taught by tutors who have a wealth of clinical experience
- A work place mentor will support your work-based learning
- Tutor support throughout your studies
- Opportunity to work with other health professionals giving you a good insight and understanding of the roles within the NHS
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Develop leadership skills and learn to manage a team to boost your career
- Hone the essential skills that employers will require of you, including sound reflective practice and leadership
- Study in Lancaster, a vibrant university city, and you’ll be within easy reach of the Lake District National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and bustling cities of Manchester and LiverpoolOur aim is to give you a helping hand stepping up the career ladder to become a confident and competent specialist community nurse.
With an increasing shift of care from hospitals to general practice, it’s a great time to enhance your academic qualifications, enabling you to deliver care within the community as part of the primary healthcare team and progress to Team Leader status.
Our aim is to enable you upgrade your academic qualification and give you a helping hand to step up the career ladder and become a confident and competent district nurse.
If you require further information, please contact email@example.com
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.