Do you have a passion for animals and the natural world? Well, you can combine it with film and photography to learn how to tell wildlife stories through media.
This undergraduate course is the only one of its type in the UK.
You’ll learn to create polished, professional wildlife documentaries charting the relationship between humans and the natural world.
Why Choose Cumbria University
There’s no better place to study wildlife than here in beautiful Cumbria. You’ll be surrounded by breath-taking coastlines, vast moorlands and the 912 square-miles of the iconic Lake District National Park with its mountains, rivers and lakes – and a vast array of unique habitats and diverse wildlife.
And, from your Carlisle base, you’ll be away from the hussle and bustle of city life, studying on a campus that sits next door to a beautiful park and river.
- You don’t need to have your own kit; we have all the technology you need in our audio-visual media resource centre to create compelling projects
- Taught by tutors who work in the wildlife media industry
- Get an insight into current industry practices from visiting practitioners from diverse production areas
- Use the same technology of that in the professional world to produce top quality content and play a part in the wider understanding and conservation of the world's wildlife
- Cumbria has it all – natural woodlands, beaches, fells, parks and gardens. These provide habitat for a vast array of wildlife – all waiting for your to to explore
- We encourage you to unleash your creativity and inject it into your work
- Learn expedition planning and safe practice to give you breadth of vision and develop logistical skills to boost your CV
- Produce a portfolio of high-quality and captivating documentaries to show future employers
- Develop employability skills - including business and marketing – to boost your career
- Small class sizes - you don’t have to book when you need access to equipment
Former Wildlife Media students have stepped into jobs with organisations, such as the National Trust. Many have won national acclaim from the television industry, scooping Royal Television Society awards.
If you want to play a part in making content-rich media that plays a crucial role in the understanding and conserving of the world’s wildlife, our course is for you.