What is a degree apprenticeship?
A degree apprenticeship enables you to gain a degree whilst being employed. There are no tuition fees for degree apprenticeships with all costs met by your employer.
About the programme
This programme is designed specifically to enable you to complete the Healthcare Science Practitioner Apprenticeship.
Our Healthcare Science Degree Apprenticeship programme – run under the Department of Health’s framework of the Modernising Scientific Careers programme and accredited by the National School for Healthcare Science – will prepare apprentices for an exciting career in fields such as cancer care, radiotherapy or nuclear medicine.
By the end of this course, apprentices will be able to:
- Practise competently according to the standards described in the Practitioner Training Programme;
- Critically evaluate the quality of the evidence-base and articulate difficulties related to its implementation in complex clinical situations;
- Demonstrate clear supervision, leadership and management abilities through appropriate decision-making, resource allocation and team working
- Undertake research, development and innovation in practice
- To understand and apply the values enshrined within the NHS Constitution in all aspects of their professional practice
The majority of the programme will take place at your place of employment, however you will also spend at least 20% of time away from the workplace studying at our Lancaster campus.