On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Clearly articulate your in-depth understanding of cellular structure and biochemical events
- Demonstrate your in depth understanding of the normal anatomy and physiology of named body systems
- Demonstrate your in depth understanding of how physiological mechanisms work to maintain homeostasis across a range of body systems
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of how the ability to maintain homeostasis varies between individuals
- Undertake a reflection on your learning from this module and how you have changed your practice as a result
This module may be undertaken as a Certificate of Achievement (Level 5) or as part of the Diploma of Professional Studies.
This module forms a logical platform to progress to HPHG6030 Pathophysiology and Disease in Practice, in which disease processes are considered from the perspective of deviations from homeostasis.