Do you work in health or social care and want to achieve a diploma? Our Practice Development course will fit in with your career plan and lifestyle.
You’ll get the utmost flexibility - Choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs, create your own programme title and select whether you want to study full or part-time, at one of our campuses or from your own home by distance learning.
If you’d like to take things gradually at your own pace, start with a single module, building towards your Diploma in Professional Studies.
Why choose University of Cumbria
Whatever your area of professional practice, our multidisciplinary modules enable you to focus your learning to your career. As a result, your working practice will benefit straight away from your academic learning.
- Choose to study at our Carlisle or Lancaster campuses or complete the course entirely by distance learning
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Access to a well-established online study skills package to prepare you for graduate-level study
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real-life scenarios and experiences with fellow students
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
Our aim is to see you become the best practitioner you can be and so we endeavour to give you the freedom and choice to study in a way that fits with your interests and lifestyle, even module-by-module, with support right along the way.
After completing the course you can go on to top-up your degree further on the BSc (Hons) course, or through named and student-defined pathways.
Download the personal statement guide
Get top tips on how to write the best university personal statementDownload Here