To develop detailed knowledge and understanding in the holistic assessment of patients who have complex health needs in relation to long term conditions
This module will aid in the care of patients with multiple long term conditions by increasing awareness and knowledge of the learner enabling a holistic approach to be used.
The running of this module is dependent on there being sufficient numbers of interest.
This course is also available at level 7
Students who successfully complete this module can use the 20 credits earned from this course and put them towards a postgraduate or CPD course.
- UAD Long Term Conditions
- UAD Practice Development
- BSc (Hons) Practice Development
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Practice
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Develop and apply knowledge and critical understanding of the holistic assessment and communication techniques required to deal with complex patients in practice.
- Critically reflect on how physical, psychological and social affects can impact on the complex patient with multiple long term conditions, their family and carers.
- Critically explore the difficulties that can occur when prescribing for complex patients with co-morbidities
- Critically analyse how evidence-based guidelines can impact on the management of patients with complex health needs.
Assessment, Feedback, and Teaching and Learning methods
Full details are available in the programme specification.
Have a question about our entry requirements?
Evidence of prior successful study at underpinning level.
Students must be registered nurses or allied health professionals to be eligible to study this module.
To be eligible to study this module, students must demonstrate the ability to study at this level and commit to attempting the assessment. When taken as part of a specific named award, the module content and assessment must be focussed towards the subject of that award.
Group tutorial time is allocated to assist those writing at level 7 to understand, explore and analyse the subject through on-line interaction.
Applications should be made online from the Apply Now button above.
Please note that the direct entry application system will not recognise your current Student IT Network login. Please select the New User option from the Apply Now button.
All students will need to purchase stationery, course books and personal equipment. Extra costs may also be applicable to cover field trips, membership fees etc.
Resources and facilities
We are amongst the UK's leading health departments, and are proud of the high level of support we are able to offer to our students. We provide a wide range of high-quality courses supported by expert academic and clinical practice staff. If you join us you will enjoy great facilities and learn alongside caring, committed and experienced professionals. Our employment record is excellent.