If you’re a health professional looking after acutely or critically ill patients in a hospital or care setting, our course will enable you to directly enhance your professional practice and patient care – boosting your CV and your nursing career.
You will follow either an acute or critical care pathway and complete a period of assessed practice in your workplace on our course, which comprises the Step competencies of the National Competency Framework for Adult Critical Care Nurses.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We want you to succeed and enhance your professional prospects to play an active role in practice development in your field, and so, we provide a flexible course to best fit with your lifestyle and commitments.
You will choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs, create your own programme title and even select whether you want to study full or part-time, at one of our campuses or from your own home.
- We are amongst the UK's leading universities health and social care departments
- We have extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers
- Choose to study enirely at our Lancaster campus or by partial distance learning
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- All tutors are experienced clinicians in the NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
- Add a specific title to your degree to reflect the subject area you’ve focussed on (student defined pathway)
Our course will benefit your academic learning and make a positive and direct impact on your nursing role.
Download the personal statement guide
Get top tips on how to write the best university personal statementDownload Here