Do you want to find out more about occupational health? Want a career change? You can by topping up your degree with our Practice Development: Occupational Health course.
It’ll be your stepping stone to strengthening your career chances and show employers that you have the skills needed to advance to the top levels in your field.
You’ll study vocationally-relevant modules, ranging from the legal and ethical aspects of occupational health to sickness absence management, to stress management and health surveillance.
Our course is your passport to a rewarding career because you’ll get to put your academic theory to the test with vital work-based practice, working in occupational health to boost your practice, and importantly, your CV.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll be studying on one of the few degree courses in the UK that focuses solely on occupational health practice in a working environment.
We’ve designed this flexible course around the professional knowledge that employers will demand. So, you’ll choose modules from across the occupational health spectrum and study in-line with the latest trends and working practice to directly benefit your career.
- We are one of the UK’s leading universities for health and social care
- Our contacts with a range of industries and sectors give you great employment prospects
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Flexibility to build up modules at your own pace to fit in with your career plan and lifestyle
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the private sector and NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Even if you don’t have a full diploma, we can still give you entry to the degree by our portfolio route
- Bring your relevant credit with you– whether from us or another institution
Study in Lancaster, a vibrant student city, with great transport links to the major cities of Manchester and Liverpool. Plus, you’ll only be 30 minutes from the Lake District National Park – now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. So, you’ll never be stuck for something to do outside of your studies.
You'll learn everything you need for a successful career in occupational health, improving your employment prospects for the future.
You can use what you learn from this course to study further at a postgraduate level. You might wish to take an MSc/PgD/PgC in Practice Development: Occupational Health Management, or a PgD in Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Occupational Health)
Alternatively, you can use the skills and knowledge you gain from this course to go onto a career as an occupational health technician or nurse, a Health and Safety practitioner or a screening nurse.