Work in health or social care and want to upgrade your diploma to a degree? Want a truly flexible course to fit in with your career plan and lifestyle? Our Practice Development top-up degree ticks all your boxes.
If you’re an experienced practitioner looking for a professional edge, our University Advanced Diloma will provide a stimulating and engaging learning experience, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to be an innovator in your field.
You’ll get the utmost flexibility with our course. Choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs and select whether you want to study full or part-time, at one of our campuses or from your own home by distance learning.
We make it easier for you to reach your potential because flexibility and choice sit at the heart of our programme, so you can fit your studies around your busy life.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs and select whether you want to study full or part-time, at one of our campuses or from your own home.
Whatever your area of professional practice, our multidisciplinary modules enable you to evidence your learning in relation to your workplace.
As a result of this flexibility, your day-to-day working practice will benefit straight away from your academic learning.
- We're amongst the UK's leading universities health and social care departments
- Choose to study at our Carlisle or Lancaster campuses or complete the course entirely by distance or blended learning
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers and have a well-established online study skills package for you to use
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
You can study gradually at your own pace, starting with a single module building towards your University Advanced Diploma. And, it's a great way to get started on a path towards a degree in Practice Development.
Our aim is to see you become the best practitioner you can be and so we endeavour to give you the freedom and choice to study in a way that fits with your interests and lifestyle, even module-by-module, with support right along the way.
You can use the knowledge and credits gained on this course towards a top-up degree in Practice Development or Nursing Practice.