Is now the time to boost your career? Whether you aspire to lead a team or manage change, our course will enhance your professional development.
We’ve designed this flexible course in collaboration with healthcare professionals and around employers’ expectations so that you can learn at a pace to suit you, while bolstering your professional knowledge and skills in operational and strategic management in the Primary Care Setting.
You’ll enhance your understanding of and competence in managing a busy, effective and competitive practice environment.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Our course is great if you want to make a difference in a Primary Care Setting.
- Choice of studying at our Lancaster campus or completing the course entirely by distance learning
- Study on a modular basis without committing to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Tutors are experienced clinicians and practitioners in the NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real-life scenarios and experiences with fellow students
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
- Add a specific title to your degree to reflect the subject area you’ve focused on (student-defined pathway)
If you have the ambition, we’ll teach you to make a difference to your communities’ health and well-being through effective management and leadership.
Currently, there are no specific entry requirements to be employed as a Practice Manager but, owing to the complicated nature of the role, potential Practice Managers must bring a range of core professional skills to the job. The BSc (Hons) Practice Management, with its flexible learning delivery format allows students to reflect on concepts and frameworks whilst applying these to their current multi-agency working and work-place settings.
The contemporary nature of the programme content will allow the practice manager student to evaluate their current practice whilst enhancing their knowledge and skills. The practice focussed nature of the programme will allow students to apply their learning to their own practice in order to develop themselves and their service.