If you’re a nurse or allied health professional wanting to boost your career, our flexible distance learning course will see you enhance your qualifications and further your career opportunities.
Our Royal College of Nursing accredited course will develop your knowledge and skills in: health assessment, diagnostic reasoning, clinical decision-making and leadership – all you need to bolster your CV and climb the career ladder.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ve designed our programme to conveniently fit around your job and busy lifestyle, so you can learn at your own pace.
And, if you’re a Non-Medical Prescribing nurse and successfully complete this course, you’ll be automatically entered onto the Royal College of Nursing credentialing database.
- The only full distance learning MSc course in the UK
- Royal College of Nursing accredited course
- We are amongst the UK’s leading health and social care departments
- Flexibility to easily blend academic study and work to enhance personal and career development
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students
- Flexibility to choose from workshops in Lancaster, Carlisle or London, with evening workshops in London to fit around your job
- Eligible to go onto the Royal College of Nursing credentialing database
- Renowned provision of advance practice and nursing practice since 1995
- Taught by tutors, who are experienced, advanced practitioners
- Excellent pastoral and tutorial support throughout your studies
Our course will enable you to practice at an advanced level, improve the care of patients, your leadership skills and your professional development.