We offer a stimulating and challenging environment where you can build on your existing learning experiences to advance your academic and professional development. You will gain specialised knowledge and a critical awareness of issues at the forefront of social science.
This pathway recognises the status of the student as an expert in identifying what they want or need to study and presents an exciting opportunity to exit with a rigorous Masters award bespoke to each individual student’s interests and career needs. The range of options you can select is both extensive and coherent. The options may be grouped thematically with a strong emphasis on legal and criminological psychology, interpersonal violence and abuse, organisational psychology, and research methods. Teaching is done through a variety of blended learning and campus-based activities explicitly designed to meet the needs of learners working in a range of contexts.
On this course you will...
- Be able to explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences around issues related to applied social sciences.
- Be given high quality support and guidance by our lecturing team who are active in their research and practice.
- Learn valuable transferrable skills in PG research, which are highly sought after by employers.
- Have the opportunity to choose topics and areas that you want to learn more about to tailor your learning experience.
- Have the opportunity to shape your MSc experience to your own interests and career goals, allowing our team to help you to reach your ideal future career.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.