PgC Organisational Leadership Overall Aims
To broaden and deepen your capabilities, so that as an organisational leader you will understand the organisational and leadership behaviours associated with managing sustainable and innovative projects and organisations.
Specifically, the aims are:
- To promote a reflective approach in organisational leadership practice which critically reflects on your existing career experience and current organisational context
- To encourage critical self-reflection on your professional identity and practice to identify opportunities for purposeful learning and continued self-development
- To develop your leadership, Project Management, strategic thinking, and coaching and communication skills as an organisational leader, building upon your existing experiences and training to meet your own and your company goals
- IFIP7001 Leadership & professional Practise – Autumn Semester 2020
- IFIP7003 Project Management – Spring Semester 2021
- IFIP7004 Strategy & A Strategic Mindset – Spring Semester 2021
- IFIP7002 Coaching & Communication – Extended Spring Semester 2021
The skills developed on the programme are vital for leadership and continued career progression across multiple sectors. Post-completion, you will be prepared for positions of increased responsibility enabling you to lead in innovative, responsive business settings.
Our links with multiple sectors (Industry, Policing, Local Authority, Third Sector) have been used to guide and focus the creation of this programme, ensuring that it is aligned with the skills demands of employers. The competencies that will be developed here are those identified by these sectors as underpinning characteristics of effective leaders and managers.
It is also intended that the programme helps you develop your interest and understanding of the benefits and contribution of research and the development of case studies in a professional/work context. It is hoped that this will encourage and inspire some participants to continue postgraduate study and develop research ideas, perhaps at a MSc Masters or PhD/Doctoral level.