Applicants from SMEs looking to upskill, or the Nuclear sector who have been furloughed or made redundant may be eligible for a NSAN bursary for this course. Please contact email@example.com for an application.
Co-created with industrial partners in the nuclear and engineering sector.
This curriculum has been built as a result of a consultation exercises with local and national industry, and will continue to be optimised through an employer panel to ensure the industrial relevance and focus of the provision. Both the content build and programme delivery involves industrial partners contributing relevant case studies and practical expertise within the subject areas.
The programme offers the following unique advantages:
- Module flexibility. All the programme modules may be taken on a stand-alone basis specific to your need, or collectively to form a substantive qualification.
- Blended learning. Delivery is through a combination of both face-to-face, online learning and self-study to minimise disruption to business operations.
- Local Delivery. Delivery will be close to the centres of industry; with potential for delivery of some modules at industry partner sites.
- Hands-on. The content will not just be theory, but incorporate real industrial problems and case studies utilising industrial expertise in the delivery.
- Suitable for candidates without traditional qualifications. Accredited Prior Experiential Learning will be considered for those candidates without traditional qualifications.
The skills developed on the programme are vital for leadership and continued career progression across industrial settings. Post-completion, you will be prepared for positions of increased responsibility enabling you to lead in innovative, responsive business settings.
Our links with industry have been used to guide and focus the creation of this programme, ensuring that it is aligned with the skills demands of employers. The competencies that will be developed here are those identified by industry as underpinning characteristics of effective leaders and managers.
It is also intended that the programme helps you develop your interest and understanding of the benefits and contribution of research and the development of case studies in a professional/work context. It is hoped that this will encourage and inspire some participants to continue postgraduate study and develop research ideas, perhaps at a MSc Masters or PhD/Doctoral level.
PgC Organisational Leadership Overall Aims
To broaden and deepen your capabilities, so that as an organisational leader you will understand the organisational and leadership behaviours associated with managing sustainable and innovative projects and organisations.
Specifically, the aims are:
- To promote a reflective approach in organisational leadership practice which critically reflects on your existing career experience and current organisational context
- To encourage critical self-reflection on your professional identity and practice to identify opportunities for purposeful learning and continued self-development
- To develop your leadership, Project Management, strategic thinking, and coaching and communication skills as an organisational leader, building upon your existing experiences and training to meet your own and your company goals
PgD Industrial Leadership & PgD Industrial Leadership: Engineering Overall Aims:
Upon completion of the PgC Industrial Leadership,
- To encourage critical self-reflection on your professional identity and practice to identify opportunities for self-development.
- To develop your skills as a leader, particularly focusing on your creativity, building your innovative approach to problem solving and solution development.
- To evaluate and integrate theory and practice required for complex decision making within an industrial context, taking responsibility for deepening relevant knowledge and skills required for higher management responsibilities and career enhancement.
- To develop your management skills, specifically through the application of project management techniques and the development of knowledge of operational management, within a practical industrial work based context.
MSc Industrial Leadership & MSc Industrial Leadership:Engineering Over all Aims
Upon successful completion of the PgD Industrial Leadership to critically apply your learning to address a significant industrial problem, utilising your project management, analytical and research skills and methodology gained throughout the programme.
MSc Industrial Leadership Award
At PgD level, the pure Industrial leadership route further develops your understanding of data analytics for business decision making, in a practical context. It will explore a wide range of data analytical techniques, including classification, clustering, predictive modelling, text mining, and visual analytics. This will enhance your understanding of the application of data in organisations, and to start the process of building your capability in designing, structuring, and analysing data. Business decision making techniques and methodologies are explored, with the use of systems to support decision making and business optimisation.
- Year 1 exit award: PgC Organisational Leadership
Find out more / Apply
- Year 2 exit award: PgD Industrial Leadership
Find out more / Apply
- Year 3 exit award: MSc Industrial Leadership
Find out more / Apply
MSc Industrial Leadership Award: Engineering
At PgD level, the Industrial Leadership: Engineering route provides further grounding in theory, practice and applications associated with problematising, modelling, simulating and critically analysing engineering processes. Through this route students will be supported to develop their capability to acquire and maintain their knowledge and critical understanding of the design and operational processes in contexts typical of modern, advanced and integrated engineering and manufacturing systems, smart factories and Industry 4.0.