If you’ve stepped into a management/ leadership role in a health-related field, are passionate about improving the quality of health or social services as a dynamic leader of change, then our masters programme is for you.
You’ll learn about managing, leading and supervising strategies while focusing on your own workplace to conceptualise the theories and principles and good practice that can effectively be applied to your own work setting.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Our distance learning course is deigned and delivered by health and social care professionals, so you learn all the relevant skills you need to be successful in your management/leadership post.
Importantly, you will gain effective leadership skills, plus confidence in managing finance and information – the very skills that future employers will be looking for when you head for promotion.
Flexibility and choice sit at the heart of our programme, so you select from a range of bespoke modules and study on a modular basis– learning at your own, comfortable pace to fit in with your lifestyle.
- We are amongst the UK’s leading health and social care departments
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers
- Course accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and students can be accredited with the ILM Cert in Management and Leadership*
- Choose from a range of modules to suit your interests and employment needs ( we have a great selection of workplace-specific learning modules too)
- All tutors are experienced practitioners in the NHS, bringing their knowledge to the course
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning with up-to-date thinking
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students - you won't feel like you're learning alone
- Broaden and develop your academic, analytical and problem solving skills
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
- Student loan funding is available for part time students on longer programmes
Classroom-based induction days take place at our Lancaster and Carlisle campuses and are usually scheduled for the first week of each semester. But if you can’t make them, don’t worry, as we will have an online alternative.
With our course, you’ll upgrade your degree and be ready to be a leader of change to improve and develop services in response to a changing and dynamic health and social care environment, standing you out from the competition when applying for higher-level positions.
*At an additional cost
The Postgraduate Certificate can be topped up to Postgraduate Diploma Management and Leadership in Health and Social Care, with the completion of another 60 credits, or MSc Management and Leadership in Health and Social Care if including the dissertation.