Explore contemporary and classical theatre whilst honing your stage skills in a creative space – where the professional artist in you will be given every chance to flourish.
We’ve designed this course to inspire you and give you the artistic freedom to discover who you are as a performer – with the guidance of current, practicing professional tutors and highly-regarded directors in the industry.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll be curating, developing and bringing together theatre works for 75% of your studies, enabling you to graduate as a confident and employable performer with a wealth of stage experience.
And, on top of that you’ll develop sound employability expertise – including self-employment and marketing –vital skills for your future career as an actor.
You’ll be within 20 minutes of Scotland in one direction and the stunning Lake District National Park – now a UNESCO World Heritage site - in the other. Add to that close to the spectacular North West coastline and you’ll never be stuck for something to do.
- Develop your body and voice to a professional standard
- Learn about the creative industries and secure the skills employers are looking for
- Knowledge to market yourself as a self-employed actor/actress
- Research text and deliver performances to open audiences to prepare you for future auditions
- Tutor support when you need it, thanks to small study groups
- Host your performances in our dedicated campus-based Stanwix Theatre
- As the educational partner for Theatre by the Lake, Keswick, you get breadth of stage experience
- Our great industry connections give you job prospects
- You won’t become a clone – we’ll encourage you to flourish as an individual performer
- Opportunity to perform at the London and Manchester Graduate Showcases
Cumbria has a proud history of inspiring literary genius from Wordsworth and Ransome to Potter and Ruskin. Here you can be inspired and see your passion for performance empowered.
We know the industry well and we’ll teach and train you to become a professional actor, capable of being audition-ready to break into a competitive industry.