Fascinated about human behaviour – from how children learn, to managing stress in the workplace and the motivations for and the treatment of offending behaviour?
Well, our course brings all the core areas of psychology together, so you’ll learn about the development, social, biological, cognitive and research methodologies in this field, but with a practical focus to make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Your foundation year will give you all the core academic skills that you need to progress onto the full degree programme.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You won’t just learn about psychology theoretically, you’ll be putting it in practice using real people and case studies to bolster your learning.
And, thanks to the great links with have with regional and national organisations – from prisons to victim support charities and homeless organisations – you’ll have the opportunity to get career-enhancing voluntary work throughout your studies.
- 96% of students say they are satisfied with our course (NSS)
- Our course is accredited by the British Psychological Society and you may be eligible for Charter membership
- 50% of your studies will be practical - through research, case studies and data collection
- Opportunities to gain additional professional development and accredited qualifications alongside your course, in areas such as psychometrics
- Taught by academic tutors with forensics, counselling and clinical backgrounds
- Tutors carry-out pioneering research, which enhances your learning. Plus, it gives you the chance to take part in current research
- Our excellent links with regional and national charities, not-for-profit and penal institutions offers great work experience and job prospects
- We have a great reputation nationally for research methodology
- You may have the opportunity to take part in field opportunities in the UK and abroad
- You can get work experience in prisons and study alongside prisoners for real-life learning
- Our course offers a full range of extra-curricular activities e.g. psychology film club, enrichment evening and daytime seminars led by local and national experts, research participation scheme, staff-student conference.
We’ll also prepare you for a range of postgraduate opportunities, including becoming a Chartered Psychologist and in specialist areas, such as health, forensic, community, counselling and organisational psychology.
Whichever career path you choose, the first-class experience you’ll gain from workplace opportunities on this course will be highly-desirable to future employers.
Special offer for 2017
Students who apply for September 2017 between 17 August and 30 September will receive a £500 University of Cumbria Kickstart bursary.