If you’re looking for a business course to improve your financing techniques, no matter which field of business you wish to pursue, our vocational course will give you an edge in the industry.
We’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and professional bodies – so you can gain all the accounting and finance academic and practical skills you’ll need to adapt and succeed in the globally changing business landscape.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll get a firm grasp of the fundamentals of business with a sound knowledge of applied financial theories, concepts and resources. But you won’t just learn theoretically about business - you’ll be doing it.
With our innovative teaching you’ll find yourself leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a mock accountant’s office, giving you every opportunity to build your boardroom and business confidence and bolster your business practice.
- Use the latest technology and packages needed for the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional businesses and with partnerships nationally and internationally boosts your placement and employment prospects
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- Great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- You can tailor make your own courses to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be, boosting your employability
You will live and learn in a professional environment in our dedicated and award-winning Business School on our Lancaster campus.
And, our Business School is also home to the Centre For Regional Economic Development , where our academics work with local authorities together with large and small organisations to research and analyse contemporary issues affecting local and regional economies in the north of England.
In a fast-paced, evolving business world it's imperative to stay up to date with topical trends and changes and we ensure that your core academic learning is current.
So, if you’ve studied business management or a combination of business with another subject and now want to develop your financial skills, our vocational programme is just for you.
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.
A degree in Accounting and Finance opens up a variety of career opportunities, providing you with highly valuable financial management skills that employers in all sectors would want to see. It serves as a good introduction to the various accounting and finance professions.
Our Business School programmes are strongly vocational and valued by employers in the UK and overseas. Every year graduates of our accounting programmes achieve a high employment success rate in a wide variety of businesses.