If you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge in business, a great employability profile and current industry-specific business knowledge – our Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) accredited degree is for you.
And, our strong links with regional businesses, national and international partnerships will boost your Sandwich Year placement prospects in gaining good work experience.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and professional bodies – so you can gain all the core academic and practical skills you’ll need to adapt and succeed in the globally changing business landscape.
You won’t just learn theoretically about business - you’ll be doing it. Whether leading a lecture, or turning the classroom into a mock accountant’s office, giving you every opportunity to build your boardroom and business confidence.
- Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional businesses and with partnerships nationally and internationally boosts your placement and employment prospects
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- You get great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Study in a professional environment in our dedicated Business School
- Tailor-make your own courses to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
You will live and learn on our Lancaster campus, which is also home to our Centre For Regional Economic Development, where our academics work with local authorities together with large and small organisations to research and analyse contemporary issues affecting local and regional economies in the north of England.
In a fast-paced, evolving business world it's imperative to stay up to date with topical trends and changes and we ensure that your core academic learning is current.
It means you’ll be best placed to graduate with high-quality skills, a sound knowledge of the real business world, coupled with firm academic know-how to boost your employability.
Our course will give you all you need to step successfully into the business, accounting and finance industry.