It’s imperative for businesses to effectively recruit, retain and motivate their employees to succeed in a competitive, global economy.
So, we’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and the professional bodies – so you can specialise in the human dimension of business and management.
And, our strong links with regional businesses, national and international partnerships will boost your sandwich year placement prospects and help you to gain good work experience.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ll provide you with a firm grasp of the disciplines in Human Resource Management and you’ll gain understanding of HR systems and their impact upon organisations and people in the context of current business landscapes.
But you won’t just learn theoretically about business management and human resources- you’ll be doing it in practical and interactive sessions to enhance your skills that employers demand in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work to present to a future employer
- Our strong links with regional businesses and with partnerships nationally and internationally boost your placement and employment prospects
- Opportunity to work with real businesses on project-based assignments
- Use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- We get to know you due to small class sizes and provide a personal tutor system
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors conduct international research giving you dynamic and research-informed teaching
- Study in a professional and interactive environment of our dedicated Business School
- Tailor-make your own courses to fit your future career path
- Access to new and modern social and study spaces, technologies and facilities
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
You’ll live on our campus in the vibrant student city of Lancaster by the spectacular north west coastline and within an hour of the Lake District National Park and the big cities of Manchester and Liverpool. So, whether you want lively or leisurely in your free time, you’re within reach of both.
Our campus is also home to the Centre For Regional Economic Development , where our academics work with local authorities together with large and small organisations to research and analyse contemporary issues affecting local and regional economies in the north of England. So, your studies will benefit from the latest research and best practices.
Our graduates have been snapped up by banks and major high-street companies for graduate schemes.
So, if you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge in business, a great employability profile and current industry-specific business knowledge – this is it.