It’s imperative for businesses to effectively recruit, retain and motivate their employees to succeed in a competitive, global economy.
So, we’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and the professional bodies – so you can gain all the core academic and practical skills you’ll need to specialise in the human dimension of business and management.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ll provide you with a firm grasp of disciplines of Human Resource Management and you’ll gain understanding of HR systems and their impact upon organisations and people in the context of current business landscapes.
But you won’t just learn theoretically about business management and human resources- you’ll be doing it in practical and interactive sessions.
TOP 10 FOR DEVELOPING BUSINESS LEADERS -
According to a study involving 10 million graduates on LinkedIn, we are rated as being in the top 10 for developing business leaders.
Our innovative teaching will enable you to develop core management skills in problem solving, decision making, team working and communications – the skills that employers demand in today’s dynamic business environment.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are employed or in further study (DLHE 2017)
- Use the latest technology and packages that you’ll use in the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work - informed by academic theory and current thinking – to present to a future employer
- Great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Study in a professional environment in our dedicated business school
- Tailor-make your own course to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
- We have great business and industry links, which boosts your networking prospects
- Opportunity to study abroad to gain international business experience
- Access to new and modern social and study spaces, technology and facilities
You’ll live on our campus in the vibrant student city of Lancaster by the spectacular north west coastline and within an hour of the Lake District National Park and the big cities of Manchester and Liverpool. So, whether you want lively or leisurely in your free time, you’re within reach of both.
Our campus is also home to the Centre For Regional Economic Development , where our academics work with local authorities together with large and small organisations to research and analyse contemporary issues affecting local and regional economies in the north of England. So, your studies will benefit from the latest research and best practices.
Our graduates have been snapped up by banks and major high-street companies for graduate schemes.
So, if you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge in business, a great employability profile and current industry-specific business knowledge – this is it.