This Integrated Foundation Year entry route offers an alternative supportive route for students who may not have the required entry qualification for direct entry onto some of our level 4 programmes, or those who may have taken an extended break from education.
You will study a range of modules taught by a team of supportive lecturers with professional experience and academic specialisms. You will learn about the challenges and opportunities young people face, the contexts for these challenges and the support they require.
Your learning journey will provide you with opportunities to understand the core principles of social prescribing and the positive impact it can have on health and wellbeing outcomes. It will also support you to understand the roles of key individuals, services and organisations in delivering a social prescribing pathway and the actions and processes required to support a successful referral to community provision.
On this course you will...
- Study a range of engaging modules that will develop your confidence in your academic skills so that you are prepared for further study.
- Access pastoral and academic support that is embedded in the programme to guide you on your journey into higher education, with a Student Development Coordinator providing advice and guidance.
- Make links between real-world practice and academic learning by completing placements across the sector, reflecting on your learnings.
- Explore social prescribing to support people of all ages with diverse needs, whilst providing an opportunity to support and empower change in the community.
- Be part of a vibrant and inclusive learning community of people who want to make a change in society and support young people's mental health and well-being.
- Know your own life experience is valued and that you can build on your experiences to develop your academic, professional and personal skills.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.