Would you love to work with leading design and software companies worldwide? Our hands-on course enables you to be digitally proficient and armed with a great portfolio of work to stand out from the crowd in this competitive industry.
Throughout the course you’ll be working in our studios, simulating a professional working environment, so not only will you graduate with a collection of professional projects, but you’ll have honed the key work skills that employers demand - ready to step into the industry.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You won’t just learn the theories and practices of digital arts, 75% of the time you’ll be designing, developing and creating practically, guided by tutors who will bring their own professional industry knowledge to give your projects an edge.
You’ll have easy access to professional resources, including motion capture, VR, drone technology and workshop facilities such as, print-making, 3D printing, laser- cutting, animation, film and editing suites.
- Use the 3D and games engine software used in the professional industry workplace so you’ll be well prepared for a job in the industry when you graduate
- Our excellent industry links give you good networking opportunities, boosting your job prospects
- Tutors are active professionals in the gaming industry
- Study on a dedicated arts campus, mixing with other creative minds, including actors and writers, who you’ll be able to work alongside on projects
- Learn entrepreneurial skills to enable you to market yourself and work as a freelance
- Develop your own personal iconography
- Your digital skills will be transferrable to other careers, including film and television
- Take part in our week-long annual Game Jam where you form teams and collaborate with other students to produce the best game.
- Opportunity to focus on and build a specialised project over the year
- Small classes mean we get to know you well and provide detailed, personal feedback throughout your studies
Our aim is to give you every opportunity and help to create a brimming portfolio of quality and playable games that will wow future employers, along with the confidence and creative skills necessary to stand out from the crowd a when applying for a job in the digital arts sector.
It has worked for many former students, who’ve worked on films with Warner Brothers and Pixar and with world-renowned gaming developers.
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.