Would you love to work with leading design and software companies worldwide? Our hands-on course enables you to be digitally -roficient and armed with a great portfolio of work to stand out from the crowd in this competitive industry.
Throughout this Digital Arts top-up course you’ll be working in our studios, simulating a professional working environment, so not only will you graduate with a collection of professional projects, but you’ll have honed the key work skills that employers demand - ready to step into the industry.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You won’t just learn the theories and practices of digital arts, 75% of the time you’ll be designing, developing and creating practically, guided by tutors who will bring their own professional industry knowledge to give your projects an edge.
You’ll have easy access to professional resources, including motion capture, VR, drone technology and workshop facilities such as, print-making, 3D printing, laser- cutting, animation, film and editing suites.
- 75% of the time you’ll be designing and developing a portfolio of work you will be proud to provide to future employers
- Use 3D and games engine software utilised in the professional industry workplace, so you’ll be well prepared for a job in the industry when you graduate
- Great networking opportunities to boost your job prospects, thanks to our excellent industry links
- Tutors are active professionals in the gaming industry, so you your learning will benefit from their invaluable, first-hand experience
- Learn essential entrepreneurial skills, giving you the opportunity to work as a freelance
- Freedom to develop your own personal iconography
- Gain transferable digital skills giving you the flexibility to step into other careers, including film and television
- Take part in our week-long annual Game Jam where you form teams and collaborate with other students to produce the best game
- Opportunity to focus on and build a specialised project over the year. giving you real work-based experience
- Small classes mean we get to know you well and provide detailed, personal support and feedback throughout your studies
- Study on a dedicated arts campus, mixing with other creative minds, including actors and writers, who you’ll be able to work alongside on projects
We offer so much more than academic theory so that you get a great insight into the industry and give you every opportunity and help to create a brimming portfolio of quality and playable games that will wow future employers, along with the confidence and creative skills necessary to stand out from the crowd a when applying for a job in the digital arts sector.
It has worked for many former students, who’ve worked on films with Warner Brothers and Pixar, with world-renowned gaming developers and have worked on award-winning video games, including Fable III, Killzone 2, and Crackdown 2.
So if digital arts is your future, we will teach, guide and support you to break into this competitve industry.
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.