Already work in a project management role and want to take your qualifications to the next level to enhance your career prospects?
Our FDSc in Project Management is your stepping stone to secure a senior role in the engineering, manufacturing, construction or nuclear industries.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Our course, accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM), is designed to meet the requirements of the Chartered Body for the Project Profession, so that you learn all the professional skills needed for a successful career.
You'll get a graduate-level understanding of all aspects of project management, boosting your knowledge and skills, while building on your own experience.
- After your initial block of learning, course delivery is day release and enables you to earn while you learn
- Accredited by the Association for Project Management and the Chartered body for the Project Profession
- Academic staff have professional project-related experience in various sectors
- Interactive course to boost confidence and learning
- We get to know you well and support you throughout your studies
- Kept up to date with latest industry practices through guest lectures by current professionals
- Our links with local, regional and national businesses and organisations provide you with good networking opportunities
- Close links with the Association for Project Management North West Branch
- Our students have won awards for working with local projects and for using project management to benefit communities
So, if you’re looking for a course that’ll enhance your skills as a project manager and give you the edge to boost your career – this is it.
Find more about what we do by looking at our blog: https://uocpmblog.wordpress.com/
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.
This course has been designed with employers in mind and the majority of students on the course will be working in a project-related role. To enable employed people to study the course successfully alongside their jobs, the delivery of lectures and learning material is typically scheduled in a day-release model, with a single day of intensive engagement each week supported with additional online materials. Students who are not currently working will get the benefit of studying alongside practising project professionals as well as having the flexibility in their weekly calendar to seek employment or to fully dedicate their time to their studies.
We also offer a Level 6 BSc in Project Management that will allow you to progress to a Bachelor degree upon completing this course. This BSc will cover project leadership, risk management, programme and portfolio management, project controls and a dissertation/applied study.