You will study a unique approach to Forensic Science, encompassing not only the criminal aspects of the profession, but also the wider remit of science and justice in both the public and private sectors.
Designed by industry professionals, you will develop the skills and knowledge highly valued amongst employers, including the ability to confidently investigate crimes, conduct independent laboratory analysis, process and analyse evidence and prepare statements for court proceedings. You won't just learn the theory, you'll be doing it in hands-on sessions, including investigating complex crime scenes at our mock crime flat, through working alongside serving professionals at our award-winning major incident event and applying practical laboratory skills to solving both criminal and commercial investigations in our state-of-the-art laboratories.
On this course you will...
- Study on a forensic science degree ranked in the top 10 nationally for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021).
- Be supported to engage in real-world research and may end up presenting at national conferences.
- Benefit from our approach to inter-professional and problem-based learning which is recognised for teaching excellence (Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence 2017 Finalist).
- Discover how we take an interest in everyone as an individual and students consistently tell us how much they appreciate their individual time with dedicated tutors.
- Study a blend of science, law and investigation, which is unique in its coverage of the criminal and commercial applications of forensic science.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.